The Boonton train station is a beautifully restored landmark for the region. Located just off Main Street on Myrtle Avenue, this original 1904 train station was designed by architect Frank J. Nies, who designed several other stations along the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad (DL&W). Unlike most of his stations, which tended to be massive Renaissance structures, the Boonton station was built as a simple Prairie House design. Located along the DL&W's Boonton Branch, this station was part of an expansive rail network that brought passengers from Buffalo and Scranton all the way to New York City. The station was closed by the DL&W around 1950, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 13, 1977 through the efforts of the late Joe Marcello. The historic structure was purchased by its current owner in 2011, and after several years of restoration, it was opened as Boonton Station 1904 in early 2016.